P143 - Opening the road to easy access to knowledge: socializing research and expertise through digitization
Hypothesis: The digitization process is indispensable to my information center.
It allows for:
• Distributing information to a larger number of users in a more timely manner;
• Providing a decentralized service;
• Producing information products with added value;
• Reducing response times and delivery costs;
• Guaranteeing the durability of documents over time.
Methodology: CRID uses a simple and practical methodology which guarantees a high quality process.
The elements needed for successfully carrying out this process are:
• Qualified human resources,
• Adequate technological equipment,
• Strategy for promotion and dissemination.
1. Selection of documents
5. Organization of information
6. Design of index pages
7. Data storage
• Facilitate acces s to thousands of full-text documents,
• Conservation and preservation of input materials,
• Widespread dissemination of information,
• Greater exchange of information amongst organizations,
• Expand the range of services.